Candy in Cookie Form

Last week I was on a major sweets craving. I needed a fix. What I really wanted was chocolate chip cookies. Not feeling like going to the store for GF flour, I hit the WWW looking for a cookie that didn't use any flour. I was hoping there would be one as I have made flourless peanut butter cookies before. I was really hoping, and wishin' and prayin....

anyways...

I found this. Flourless Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies I just have to say...Oh. My. Goodness. This is like eating candy. Let's just say I gained about a million pounds. On average, I ate five cookies a day. I convinced myself they were healthy- peanut butter, oatmeal, dried cranberries and dark chocolate. All healthy stuff.

In moderation.

AHHHHHHH.... Those two silly words!!!!!

I followed the recipe somewhat closely. For the first batch (stick with me here) I used Adam's No-Stir Creamy Peanut Butter, two cups Quaker Oatmeal, one cup dried cranberries, handful each of Ghirardelli white, dark and semi-sweet chocolate chips. When done, the mixture looked very gloppy. Not really cookie batter. So, I mixed up a second batch. This time I creamed the butter and sugars really good. At least five minutes. Same after I added each egg. Followed the recipe after adding eggs step with the same alterations. the second batch looked much better. So, I mixed both together.

Yeah...should not have done that.

What I should have done was bake the first batch as bars and the second batch as cookies. Ah well...it all turned out in the end. I am not sure how many cookies I ended up with. Each pan held about nine cookies (they spreaaaaaad) and I think I did maybe...10? 11? 19? 500? pans? So probably about 90 cookies at least. My oven runs on a lower temp so I would leave them in for the 12 minutes and prep the next pan after the timer would go off. So maybe 13-14 minutes?

These cookies were absolutely chewy, delish, (a little on the thin side) and yummy. These have moved to my "Recipes Tried and Liked board.

Unfortunately, there are no cookies left to take pictures. So, I shall leave you with the Trader Joe's picture.



Flourless Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies

totally entering this in Pintrosity's Pinstrosiversary Challenge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To sleep...perchance to dream...

Going GF & DF