Sigh...I love my husband, but...

I love to read. As a kid, I remember doing chores and reading at the same time. Reading while washing dishes or vacuuming was easy. Couldn't quite figure out how to read and sleep at the same time. My library is large and varied. Right now, all the books are in storage but they could easily fill at least five bookshelves and that does not count the cookbooks, craft or DIY books. As a full-time mom, working full-time and a Girl Scout leader, I don't get much time to read. I snatch five minutes here (while on the toilet), 10 minutes there (while waiting for the kids after school) or where ever I can. Have to admit, I can easily have an hour of uninterrupted time on Fridays while the kids are at Sylvan Learning Center, but the knitting group meets at the coffee shop in the parking lot. Knitting, my other favorite hobby.

Last night, I decided to go to bed early (10 instead of 11) and spend some time reading Superfreakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner. Usually I will be able to get at least 15 minutes in before I pass out. When I announced I was headed to bed, DH asked if he could join me. I made it very clear I was planning to read not mess around. "No problem" he replied.  We got all snuggled in, I opened my book, read two sentences, when he asked about the book. So, I explained what I had read so far. Then he decided to tell me about his phone call with his sister, which then lead to talking about his family, his coworkers, my Stupid Mistake, our marriage counseling/seminars and our friends. 

An hour later I was in angry tears and ready to sleep on the couch. Instead, I went for a water refill  and bathroom break. When I crawled back in bed, it took at least 20 minutes for me to even out my breathing,  relax, clear my mind and get to sleep. 

There are times I love my husband, but.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To sleep...perchance to dream...

Going GF & DF